Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Patience

Patience......This is what I heard from God this morning. This is what I must have, why? Part of me is not sure while part of me knows exactly what he means.


The past few days have been strange for me spiritually. Starting last week I have been feeling something deep with in, I have felt it before, but it kind of settled after a few years. Now it has happened again and I think this time it is for real. During the worship Sunday morning I had an emotional experience. I am not sure when the last time I have felt that feeling when I was worshiping. Don’t get me wrong I have had awesome feeling worship experiences, but this one was deep and I was not sure why.

Later that afternoon me and Jen was lovingly arguing about the grass being cut. She asked when was I going to cut it and I told her that it would be most likely Thursday because we were so busy Monday- Wednesday . She said I really needed to cut it Monday, but I told her I needed to be at skate church Monday, I wasn’t sure why but I really felt like I needed to be there.

Fast forward to Monday, I kind of had a blah day. It wasn’t bad just blah. My eyes had been itching and watering all day and my sinuses were really giving me fits. My boss was gone for the day, so I did all my work and had my afternoon conference call. So the rest of the day I spent on the internet looking at all kinds of things. I did my normal check email,MySpace, Facebook, ESPN,Fantasy Football, and all my weather sites trying to keep up with Hurricane Edouard . I ran out of my normal stuff and started searching for random things and stuff I had not look at for a while. Because of the feeling I had been having I looked at a couple of web sites that I looked at years ago when I was trying to figure out Gods plan for my life. I thought to myself “Forget about it I got way to much on my plate as is”

So I got off work and went on to skate church. I began feeling a little strange, I thought about what Jen said about the grass and thought I would just go home and cut the grass. But I went on to church. There were a bunch of kids there skating on the new ramps and loving it. It was great to see there excitement and trying tricks on new ramps. After the lesson I thought about going home, but there were so many kids there, I thought it would be better if I just hang around outside since some of them began to migrate outside.

I sat on the tail gate of my truck and talked and joked with some of the kids. After a while they went on back to skate and I just sat there playing with my phone.Mike walked over and sat next to me, we began to catch up on things .It seems like we do this about once every month or so, he will come to skate church and we will sit on the tail gate and catch up on life.After a few minutes he asked me a question. I was some what stunned, I mean I should not have been because I knew it was from God because it made it more clear to me what this deep spiritual stirring I had been having the last few days meant . We were briefly interrupted by someone and then there were a few parents that came to pick up there kids that deserved our attention. Then we sat back on the tail gate and talked some more about it. I shared what I had been feeling the past few days and I believe it had a impact on Mike, he asked if I had been talking with LeAlan , and I told him no and he kind of took a step back , smiled and said “ We need to get together and talk real soon”.


After we left I drove home in silence, I prayed a while and asked God to help me understand more of this.I told him I would drive in silence for the next few days and listen.

This morning we woke up late and I told Jen I would take the girls to moms.After dropping them off I got on the interstate headed for work. I was on I-59 near Hueytown when traffic began to slow down, about 6 18 wheelers in both lanes. I was already late and I was about to get frustrated when in the back of my mind I heard “ PATIENCE” .
There it was, God had spoke to me. In that one word I heard a lot. I heard God telling me that his calling on my life was in motion, not immediate but immanent.

I got to work and settled in. I pulled up Yahoo and typed in patience. The first to come up was the all knowing Wikipedia and here is what it said.

Patience (ˈpā-shənz) is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances. This can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast. Antonyms include hasty and impetuous.


It also had a section on patience in reference to religon.


Christianity
In the Christian religion, patience is one of the most valuable virtues of life. Increasing patience is viewed as the work of the Holy Spirit in the Christian who has accepted the gift of salvation. While patience is not one of the traditional biblical three theological virtues nor one of the traditional four cardinal virtues, it is one of the seven virtues


Hebrews 6:12

We do not want you to become lazy. Be like those who through faith and patience will receive what God has promised


Patience……..


Grace and Peace

No comments: